Sunday 9 December 2012

How to install themes? (LMMS theme installer Program)

"I don´t understand where to put my theme. Directory, what is that? What is tar.bzip2 or tar.gzip?". Not everyone are into computers, and understanding LMMS is difficult enough! Downloading a theme from the LMMS sharing platform and actually get it to work might be tricky, but now there is a program for that!

Kevin Murek is the man behind the program which makes installing themes easy.

Step. 1
Download the latest file by clicking on it.

Step. 2
Find the downloaded file, right-click on it, choose the extract option.

Step. 3
Inside the folder, double click theme-installer.exe. Choose yes, even if the program does not have a signed publisher.

Double click the selected file in this photo

Step. 4
The program will open and automatically set your LMMS theme directory. Only change it if you want to save you themes on a specific location. Press next

Step. 5
Choose anyone of the theme listed and press the big install button. After a while the program reports that the theme has been successfully installed!

3 comments :

  1. Hey I appreciate this information! One problem... How do we actually choose one of these themes for LMMS? I installed the themes I was interested in, and copied the Default directory, renamed it DreamBliss, and in that one I just increased all the font sizes (sent you a message at YouTube about this.) So the themes are there, but how do I select one for LMMS to run? Currently the themes are installed but LMMS is still at its deaults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open LMMS --> Edit --> Settings --->Folder Icon -->Change the Artwork Directory to another theme folder. I have also answered you on Youtube.

      Delete
  2. Do you have a video on this? I tried to change my theme on lmms but I didn't work.

    ReplyDelete