Wednesday 14 May 2014

Building LMMS on Windows

I got to make a post about this, because it has been widely known for the people I have talked to that LMMS was nearly impossible to compile on Windows. The fact that the official builds are compiled on Linux kind of supported this belief. Then Tobias suddenly said:

Building LMMS for Windows is quite easy - download required cross compiling packages https://launchpad.net/~tobydox/+archive/mingw/ and run the "build_mingw32" or "build_mingw64" scripts. Afterwards "make package" should give you a ready-to-go installer file.
He added that you need to install the "nsis" ubuntu package before using "make package".

UPDATE: I know nothing about compiling, and after I posted this post I a friend of mine once again told me it was not so easy... Luckily for you this guy intend to upload recent LMMS builds to his Google drive, and wanted to share it with you! Halleluja :3
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B49dcRGtm8vJcV9LU0xqZW81QjQ&usp=drive_web

No comments :

Post a Comment